Social Media & Marketing Internship
1-year internship with Jnana Foundation
The Jnana Foundation, under its Socially Minded Indian Leadership Education (SMILE) program, intends to hire an intern to manage our social media and marketing campaigns.
Jnana Foundation (JF) is a Social Impact organization that partners with selected local NGOs and Consultants to effectively design, fund and execute projects with high impact to local communities. JF has used a “Systems Thinking” approach to identify four critical areas of high impact, i.e. Environmental Conservation, Education, Holistic Health & Wellness, and Regenerative Agriculture. JF works closely with partner NGOs to identify projects that can transform the current paradigms in these areas. JF supports its partners in raising funds and executing the projects, including monitoring the outcomes, reporting progress, and sharing knowledge gained to inspire others to take up these initiatives in their communities.
Social media and marketing
Jnana Foundation has been actively working for almost 2 years and now has a total of 6 partnerships and 2 internal projects. We need to communicate these achievements and are looking for someone who wants to grow under our guidance but also take on responsibilities and leadership roles.
Location: Siolim, Bardez, Goa
Start date: Immediate
Salary: 1.2 lakhs per annum with the potential for a full-time position at the Jnana Foundation or with one of our partner NGOs after completion of the internship.
- Working with the impact coordinator and marketing team to design and execute a social media and marketing strategy. The role will primarily involve designing content for social media, managing social media, reviewing, monitoring and updating the website, scheduling and executing marketing campaigns, and writing blogs and press releases for our events and other activities.
- Interns will be expected to work at JF office at least 8 hours per day, 5 days a week. During certain community events, they may be required to participate during the weekend.
- Setting up and developing processes for media and marketing: Creating a timeline, writing down the standard operating procedures, designing systems, reviewing processes, etc.
- Communication and Co-ordination: Strengthening existing partnerships, looking out for potential collaborations via a systems approach, spreading awareness about the projects, coordinating with partner NGOs for content and setting up meetings and check-ins, etc.
- Assisting with all aspects of the monthly events organized by JF
- Impact: Monitoring the impact and reach generated through our online platforms and reporting them to our Co-Ordinator (Impact Operations) & Scientific Advisor
- Troubleshooting: Being able to appropriately address any problems that may arise during the course of the internship and escalating where necessary.
- We are looking for a fresher interested in communication and marketing in the social impact space. Experience and interest in Online and Offline Media, Marketing, Design and Business Management would be a benefit.
- Fluent in written and spoken Konkani and English. Any more conversational languages would be an added advantage, especially Hindi and Marathi.
- Mobility within the state of Goa and proximity to our office in Siolim.
- An interest in sustainability, integrated approaches in the areas of environment, education, regenerative agriculture and holistic health, and a drive for research are necessary. Working knowledge of event planning and management would be an added benefit.
- Proactive in taking up opportunities and a desire to learn and grow. Curiosity towards new and integrated ideas. Extremely meticulous and organised, attention to detail is particularly important.
- Ready to face uncertainties and a constantly changing work environment.
- Very patient and good with soft skills like communication, people management and partnership and an ability to work in a small team
What will you gain from this role at JF?
- An opportunity to work with a highly skilled team at Jnana Foundation.
- Be part of a growing organisation and learn all the skills needed to start a non-profit.
- Exposure to the other areas of work in Jnana Foundation.
- Ability to wear multiple hats and take on leadership roles.
- Capacity-building in crucial areas required to work in the social impact space.
- A sense of empathy and well-developed soft skills that will help you as you move ahead in the social impact space.
- Most Importantly: Build skills to become an effective leader in the Social Impact Sector.